Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas 2011

Merry Christmas to you and yours! I hope that on this Christmas night, you find yourself content, full, and joyful. We have had a wonderful few days. It is just always so good to spend some time with my parents, sisters, and their families. We have laughed and we have cried and we have laughed until we cried. As usual, I am sad to see it go. I just love this time of year so much - and just like that, it seems over. Before we officially move on from Christmas, I wanted to share just a little of our fun and excitement.

Harrison in his new Christmas pajamas. He is so... I just can't ever seem to find the right word. He didn't really get into the present opening. There was a lot of people and presents all over the place, and to be honest, he was busy investigating and looking around.

Jillian got Battleship. I am very excited. She won't let me borrow her new earrings or her new purple "leather" jacket, but she will let me play her in a game or two. I am sure she will beat me.

Little man really likes sitting in or on the boxes. Before we left home we were opening their new pjs but before he opened his, he just sat on the box in the middle of the floor. No interest in tearing paper or finding out what was inside. Just sitting. He did a little more on Saturday night but this time the box was empty.

My 4-year-old niece knows how to show appreciation and excitement. When she opened up her MP-3 player from Papa and Nanny, she squealed and literally jumped into my mom's lap. It was PRICELESS!

She then ran to share the gratitude with Papa - but by then we were ready for it.

Keely got this microphone and stand that you can plug in your MP-3 player and then sing along. I really think I might need one. I know (know, know) that Nathan would not agree. I helped Keely out on the 12 Days of Christmas.

Christmas morning. Harrison opening his first present from his stocking. He was way more interested in the Goldfish crackers that he found with his stocking than the presents.

In Jillian's stocking, she found the original Karate Kid movie, a J journal, a book, and enough candy to make the dentist twitch.

Harrison got this fun riding toy this morning. He figured it out quickly. And the seat opens up so he can store stuff. Since he is a squirrel by nature, I am certain we fill find all kinds of things "squirreled" away in there.

It looks like he is kissing the Christmas sock monkey, but really he is just eating at it. This is a normal, everyday practice.

We are blessed beyond measure, and days like these last few are great reminders of that. Our kids are loved by so many people. We look forward to a few calm days before returning to normal life in a week. Merry Christmas, everyone!

1 comment:

trump said...

Its now the day after Christmas so i thought id check out some blogs today. So happy new Years folks and i hope that your Christmas was a very good one. Richard from an Amish community in Pennsylvania.