I have said for the last 5 days that there was no way that the University of Arkansas was going to fire Bobby Petrino. As my friend said last Friday, "If he is 8-5, you fire him. You don't fire a guy who went 11-2." And it is April! Now to be fair, I obviously did not know about the $20,000 or the "significant" amount of time this little trist had been going on. Without that knowledge, I never entertained the notion that he was going to lose his job. Needless to say, this evening, I am shocked. I think the message is clear: make good choices or the consequences will be severe. Jeff Long did make a hard decision (or maybe it wasn't hard at all after he got all the sleazy details), but hopefully some people along the way will come to the realization that stupid choices lead to the path of destruction. And in case you were curious, my heart hurts for the Razorback Nation. I know that sounds silly to some, but for those of us who love our Hogs, this stinks.
But this is me eating crow. I was wrong. I admit it. Now let's see how the rest of the situation plays out.
2 comments:
i think jeff long made the right decision too. keeping him would definitely send the wrong message, glad HE has some morals. i loved BP as a coach, but it sickens me the choices he made. i cannot fathom how someone in his position would ever think he could get away with it. just goes to show you how the enemy will play on anyone and their feelings.
I agree. I don't think Jeff Long had a choice. I hope they can get someone really good!
Post a Comment