Friday, December 17, 2010
Jillian's Birthday Present
This past year, Jillian began expressing her desire to change her room. When she moved to this room and into her big girl bed (in 2005), I picked the bedding and painted the room yellow. She has complained for a while now that she wasn't crazy about that. I told her she could pick new bedding and that, paired with the new paint job, would be her 7-year-old birthday present. Much to our surprise, she picked bedding that was predominantly blue - not purple. And she wanted the walls to be "sky blue" rather than the purple that is on the pattern. I asked if she was sure a thousand times and she persisted. Nathan and I worked hard all day long. We didn't finish before she got home from school, but it was far enough along that she knew what was happening. Right at bedtime we had it put together. We still have a little work to do, but we are all pleased with the outcome.
I messed up when I ordered the stuff for her room. I didn't pay attention to the fact that I was only ordering one panel for the curtain rather than the whole thing. I will have to order a second one after this weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Pretty! I'm off to buy paint for PJB's room today. She's getting new bedding for her "play with" Christmas gift. I hope to have it painted before Christmas Eve! You're welcome to come help if you found that you just really, really enjoyed repainting Jillian's room : )
Jennifer,
I actually told Nathan I was done with this painting thing. There is a reason why people pay good money to have it done :)!
Post a Comment