Choices. I believe that the choices we make define us –
not just today but as we journey down the path of life as well. Because I believe that, I also believe that
making wise choices is essential.
I understand that
some choices seem inconsequential.
What you eat for breakfast or which movie you see may not carry the
weight of the world. Other choices
need to be carefully considered as the impact of that decision might be life
altering. The challenge is knowing
which selections will not matter down the road and which ones might change your
personal journey forever.
We know that
decisions about which college to attend, who to marry, what job to take are the
BIG ones. Most people look at those
decisions with careful consideration, because we recognize that those types of
choices will set the course of our lives.
I think the problem is that we do not recognize that some of the
“smaller” decisions we make are just as important, but we do not put very
little thought or contemplation into making those choices.
My theory is a
simple one. I believe that when we make
the wrong decisions about some of the little things, it changes the options for
those big choices. It is the reason why
I pray that my own children will make wise choices. Put thought into action. Not only to think before they act but to
think before they speak. I desire for
them to be able to make choices and not have choices made for them by default
because their previous poor decisions have eliminated options.
I believe that in
making wise choices we will consider what we wear, what we do, how we do it,
what we say, and the way we treat other people. It is often those “little” decisions – of
which we make hundreds each day – that make us who we are. Good or bad, people will have an opinion
about you. Those perceptions are often
based on what choices you make. Make
wise ones and those wise choices will open the door to many amazing
opportunities.
No comments:
Post a Comment