Monday, January 23, 2012

Things I Love, Special Edition

In just one week, I have been blessed by so many different people doing so many different things for me - or for us. Here is a just a sample of how people have reached out to me:

A long drive for dinner with me and my kiddos. A friend who cries with you and gives you a tearful hug of encouragement. A friend from way back offering assistance. A prayer request in School School from a friend who knew we wouldn't say it ourselves. An arm around my shoulder as I tried to pray and emotions overtook me. A monetary gift just handed to us by some of the best people this world has EVER seen. A borrowed vehicle. An amazing email from a friend (who I normally see every day but I'm not seeing now) offering love, encouragment, and prayer. An offer to win the lottery and share the winnings :)! People respecting my need to not talk about what was going on. So many prayers being offered up - we will obviously never know who all is praying for us or how often, but we know it is happening. An offer to come and just sit with me and hang out. Volunteer babysitters. An early morning email checking in, encouraging me, and helping me to get my day started off on a better note. Dinner at friends' that was amazing but the fellowship was even better.

There is no way I could list them all. We have been showered with love and prayer, and we will be eternally grateful for the selfless, loving people God has placed in our lives.

2 comments:

Kristi Hays said...

Being married to my farmer I know all to well of life's uncertainties but I am certain of this; God was always several steps ahead of us and never has and never will leave us alone in any situation.
"The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you or forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged". Deuteronomy 31:8

Kimberley said...

so encouraging!