This is the last post about Harrison turning 1 - I promise! We had his big party today, and we had a big time. If my count is right there were 24 people here (not counting our 4 - who are always here). We had chili and corndogs and had a wonderful time celebrating our little miracle.
He started his day kicked back with Jillian playing on the iPad. He had just woke up. I was making his breakfast and this is how I found them when I came to get him.

We have done a lot of birthday cakes around here, but this one might be the prettiest we have ever had. The funny story about that: I ordered it over the phone. I didn't have time to drive over there, so I just called and told them I wanted a John Deere cake. She said she could do the emblem or she had a toy thing. I chose the toy thing and had no idea what was to come. It turned out so well that I might never go and choose again.

He only got a few things... :)

I asked my parents to run by the John Deere store and pick him up a shirt. I wanted a plain John Deere shirt but they didn't have one. I think this one was much better because it says, "Make way for the Big Guy". Pretty appropriate for a birthday prince, I think. Is anyone else noticing the theme that it appears I don't always know what is best?

We have found a few perks of having your children being 7 years apart. Here is one: Jillian helped Harrison open his presents so Daddy could take pictures and Mommy could write down who gave what. It is a three person job and she is just the person to fill the slot. She also spent an hour (while Harrison was napping) getting all the toys out of the boxes.
The present in this picture is his name stool which he got from his Aunt Diane.

He worked the crowd quite a bit while Jilly did all the work. She chased him down at the beginning, but by the end, she just opened presents while he wandered.

This John Deere makes noise, and he has figured out the button to push to make it happen.

Working the crowd again...

A sweet moment of togetherness (and sittin' stillness).

He was telling everyone "Thank you" at this point.

After he ate his cake. He didn't eat much of it, but he did manage to get a little green. He liked what he got but it didn't take him long to get his fill.

So now I am done wishing my miracle boy Happy Birthday. We are now going to focus on what we are thankful for while decorating for Christmas and getting well-child check-ups and traveling for Thanksgiving. Just another week in the life of the Mills.
No comments:
Post a Comment