Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Things I Love

A friend of mine is posting ten things she loves/appreciates/is grateful for every Monday. I have become inspired. When I was in college, a friend of mine and I emailed back and forth a similar kind of list. I know I have a print out of that email somewhere - the big question is, of course, where? Since I can't seem to find it and I know the list will have been altered in the last 14 years, I will start over.


Clean sheets. Baking new desserts that turn out yummy. Feeling appreciated. My child muting the television and going to her room so she can read in a quiet environment. Diet coke. Squeals of laughter from children. Getting unexpected checks in the mail. Listening to music that reminds me of my childhood. Quiet, still mornings. The smell of Christmas. Airplanes. A meaningful conversation with my daughter. Thoughts of vacations on the beach in the middle of a snow storm. An email from my nephew that says, "I love you." Funny text messages from my husband. Knowing when I go to bed that I won't be waking up to an alarm clock. The face of students who are genuinely happy to see me. Long, hot showers. Driving with the windows down on a pleasant spring day. The feel of the air just before a storm. Cool, summer mornings. The smell of the mountains (especially on those cool, summer mornings). Reading an amazing book. Long lunches with friends. Getting pedicures. Reading something in Scripture and seeing it in a whole new light. Catching up with old friends. The security of knowing that my husband will love me tomorrow. Laughing with my sisters. Fresh, clean baby smell. Watching my children sleep. Laughing so hard you have to stop to suck in air. Broadway musicals. The feeling you get when you know you have done something well. Buying someone something that you know they are going to love. The clean humor of The Cosby Show. The Oscars - my Super Bowl!!! Learning something new. Spending time at my parents' house. The memories of Ouachita and the warm fuzzies I have about that place. Knowing the answer. Baby giggles. Almost all things chocolate. The sights, sounds, and smells associated with football.


I will stop for now. I might add to it later, as I am certain I will think of more things.

No comments: