A couple of weeks ago, I made myself a list of things I needed to accomplish. I work much better with a list. I like to cross things off as I complete a task. And I have been busy, busy, busy the last week and half working to make that list smaller by the day.
I have (as of yesterday) finished my long-term sub plans. I have a few items to check on or pull at school but that will have to wait. My room at school is undergoing serious remodeling and I can't find anything in there for now. I called to get an estimate on gutters and they are actually being installed as I type. I also ordered new windows for the house. I am hoping that they can be put in that last week of my freedom. I picked a paint to match Jillian's bathroom paint and got that touched up (in the spring, Jillian decided to hang on the towel rack and pulled it out of the wall. Nate patched it, but we had not painted it.)
But our biggest (and most intimidating) task is going through Jillian's room and the extra bedroom. She has accumulated so much junk in the last 6 years. Yesterday we went through both closets and got them looking great. But we ended up with 3 trash bags full of stuff to trash and more than a tote full of stuff to either donate or sell. Today we are focusing on the bedrooms themselves. Wish me luck! Yesterday Jillian was great about saying that something was trash or could go in our "get rid of" pile. I have a feeling that it might be more difficult today. Hopefully I will be wrong about that and by bedtime, the rooms will be more organized with less stuff.
Once I get that accomplished, I need to upload about 8 months of pictures to WalMart and begin preparing for my return to the world of the working. My first official day back to work is on the 9th. Between now and then I have a couple of birthday parties, a family date night to see Beauty and the Beast, a workshop that is before my actual start date, and a doctor's appointment.
I am 24 weeks today. I thought the baby might have turned last night. After dinner I was feeling some movement pretty high, so I was hopeful that it was feet. But this morning the movement seems back to the normal low spot. So who really knows? And I refuse to keep guessing, so I will wait for Dr. H to tell me which direction the little one is headed in. But keep praying for it to turn head-down. I really don't like the options if it doesn't.
No comments:
Post a Comment