Sunday, May 19, 2013

I am Two and a Half

I have reached that wonderful milestone of 2 1/2.   I am handsome and cute and ornery and fun-loving and verbal and stubborn and angelic and infuriating.   Here are a few other few little facts:
1.  I have yet to be potty trained because I just won't do it.   Mommy is almost out of school, though, and I think things are going to be different.   She says I am going to wear underwear and not go in my diaper anymore.   Don't you think this is going to slow me down quite a bit?   I mean, now I just go when the mood strikes.   Potty breaks are not on my agenda.
2.  I LOVE playing on the iPad.   I wake up and say, "Play iPad."   Mom even used it against me the other night.  She told me if I got out of bed again, I wouldn't get to play on it at all the next day.   I wasn't sure she meant that, but I wasn't going to test her.
3.  I still love to be outside.   I drive my little car.   I ride on the lawnmower.   I just love being outside.  I did get stung for the first time last week, though.   That was not a fun part of being outside.
4.  I also still love tractors, lawnmowers, golf carts, cars, four-wheelers, and anything else that goes.   I talk to anyone who will listen about my riding habits.
5.  I am creative and fun.   I like to act silly, and I love to sing.   I sing real songs, I make up songs, and I sing along with others.   I am a lot like my mommy in this regard.    We like to sing together.  
6.  I do challenge the authority figures in my life.   I don't really have any problem telling people, "NO!"   I also am known to throw myself down onto the ground when things don't go exactly the way I intend.   I have not found that these tactics work, but that doesn't stop me from trying.  
7.   I have difficulty going to sleep at night.   Mommy and Daddy don't really know what to do with me.   I am too little to go without a nap indefinitely but I am not good at night.   What to do, what to do?
8.  Daddy says I am never still - something he says I get from Mommy.   Even when I lay down to sleep I move my arms, hands, and legs.  
9.  I don't eat much.   I love junk and would eat as much of that as I could get my hands on, but the grown-ups in my world don't seem to get on board with that.   
10.  I like to stir things up.   In spite of the fact that I know Mommy loves me more than anything in the world, I like to say things like, "Daddy loves you twice as much."   It is fun to watch her get fired up about that.

I am a precious boy.   My mommy and daddy and sister really do love me so much.  Really we are one truly blessed little family. 

1 comment:

Kimberley said...

sounds like you're enjoying that little monkey ;)