Sunday, March 20, 2016

Hello, Blog, are you there? It's me, Erin

   I have spent the last couple of months not blogging - obviously. It was not a conscious choice but just sort of happened. Part of that was brought on by some busyness. Some of brought on by pure laziness. And still more brought on by an addiction to Parenthood on Netflix.
   So please allow me to catch up. Jillian has competed in a regional Quiz Bowl tournament and their team won! She went to her very first Regional Science Fair. She didn't not place there, and she was displeased to say the least. She went to her annual piano festival where she earned all superiors. She is happy to have those pieces behind her as she has been learning, practicing, memorizing, and perfecting those for months. I know she tires of them after all that. She also played at our church last Sunday night. Just one song, but she did great. And she participated in her first Region History Day this past week where she was awarded first place in her division. She will proceed onto the state competition in April.
   Harrison is doing well at school. It has been a while since he has been in big enough trouble that I get informed of it. He seems to be getting better. That said, I do know that he is likely to backslide here and there. He talks ALL THE TIME. I cannot express how much he talks and starts every sentence with, "Mom"! This Spring Break thing may be long. Or I may have to send him to another room with strict orders that he cannot speak for a specified period of time. Isn't that awful?! We will get him registered for kindergarten next month. He seems to be getting excited about the prospect of going to big school and doing something different. Prayer request - that God will place him in the right classroom with the teacher he needs and the friends he needs.
   Nathan and I celebrated our 16th anniversary 9 days ago. We went to dinner and to see Mark Lowry a couple of days later. It was a low key celebration after last year's trip to Vegas, but it was nice and we enjoyed our time out very much.
   I am very happy to report that I did survive until Spring Break. This school year has kicked my hiney, but every day I am one step closer to finishing the game. I will have about 30 days of class left with my seniors once we resume. More than that for the others, but my life gets a little easier after that. I have worked hard this year, and lots of days, feel like I have very little to show for it. But this time next year, I will be thankful for the work I am putting in now.
   Happy first day of Spring! We are looking forward to a peaceful week of rest and some shopping before we end the week celebrating the Resurrection of our Lord and Savior!

No comments: