Saturday, January 11, 2014

My Girl's Birthday Party

My girl spent 3 days celebrating being 10!   She was an only child for so long that my spoiling her around her birthday has stuck.   Plus I am adamant that her birthday is separate from Christmas.   (You might want to start praying for her husband.   I fear there is no way he will meet her expectations in this area.)      

Her actual birthday was on Thursday, so she got to open her presents from us that day.   Our new next door neighbor is a friend of hers, and he was able to watch her open those presents.   I fixed her what she wanted for dinner and the evening was all about her.  I also sent her some flowers to school but they didn't deliver them to her classroom.  I was a little peeved - as getting the flowers while you are at school is kind of the reason for doing such a thing - but she was okay with it.  We went by after school and got them from the office.
On Friday, she had 3 friends come over.   We had dinner, they were LOUD, and I took the girls to see Frozen.  It really turned out well, and I think Jillian had a wonderful time.   I am just thankful it is not something we have to do often.

On Saturday, the house came alive with all the relatives.   We had lunch, opened presents, had some cake, and enjoyed each other's company.   

Jillian before she could start opening.
Grandma and Grandpa purchased this bean bag chair for her.   I think she felt like the queen for the day.
 She got the One Direction movie.   The girls were excited.  The boys - not so much.
 Some of the people who love our girl
She wanted a cell phone on her cake.  No, she did not get a cell phone (I keep telling her she can have one when she is 18 and going to college.  She doesn't buy it.).   My girl likes to design her own birthday cakes.   She has big, elaborate ideas that usually come together very well.  

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Happy birthday Jillian!