This year OBU is celebrating 125 years. They are encouraging those of us who blog to write about certain things throughout the month of September. Today's theme was your favorite Ouachita memory.
Ouachita. It is hard to think about 4 years of a your life and come up with ONE favorite memory. There were so many good things about this place. I loved sitting outside on a bench on a beautiful day like today. You might sit there to "study" but it was just as much a social outing as anything else. The campus at OBU really is beautiful, so it was nice to just sit and take it all in.
I am a nerd, remember, so I remember lots of things about my classes. From funny stories that the professors told to amazing lessons taught to life lessons registered. One of the future blogs is about favorite professors, so I can't say too much here, but (with only a few exceptions) I loved going to class and learning from these tremendous individuals.
Watching Tiger Tunes would have to be on the list. The more I got involved, the more I loved that show. The inside jokes, watching your friends work hard and do well, and just being entertained all made that show a highlight every year.
One of my favorite things about OBU wasn't actually on campus. It was my church in Arkadelphia and my pastor and his wife - Blake and Gayla McKinney. Park Hill Baptist Church welcomed me as if I was born to be there. I cherish that place and those people to this day because of their unmatched love. I still think about some of them - 13 years later.
So, no, I don't have just one favorite memory. I loved so much about my time there. The friends I made, the lessons I learned, the atmosphere that won't ever be duplicated, the amazing people God put in my life while I was there. It is just almost overwhelming to think about what a blessing that experience was to me.
2 comments:
I went to OBU with Blake and Gayla! Love them!
You're right! Just studying outside at OBU can become an event! Fun memories!
Well aren't you just the sweetest! I love you so much, Erin!
Gayla
Post a Comment