Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Days Are Numbered

I haven't had much to blog about in the last few days. The kids and I went to my parents' for a couple days and I did laundry, laundry, and more laundry yesterday. Two things flitting through my head:

1. I have spent this summer (since vacation) trying to work out and get rid of my "baby belly". I have grown more and more frustrated by the lack of results. I haven't given up but I sure have gotten bitter that all my work has not yielded the results I was hoping for. This isn't about weight. I have pretty much lost all the weight from pregnancy. This is about that belly. People who have given birth more than once will understand. I hope to carry on, but I see obstacles in my path (see #2).

2. I have one week left of summer vacation. One week. 7 days. On almost every level, I dread it. I can't stand the thought of leaving the baby. Of not having that quality time with Jillian (although whether I go to work or not, that is done since she will be going to school). Of having to get up and get out of the house by 7:30 every morning. Knowing there will be days I don't see Harrison until after I get home. Yuck! But there is that one level that starts making itself more known as August draws near. I do get in school mode. I start thinking about lesson plans. I start working things out in my head about how those first few days are going to happen. Inevitably, that has started.

I cannot promise you will hear from me much in the next 7 days. I intend on loving on my babies, getting those workouts in, and getting those plans in my head a little more focused.

No comments: