Thursday, April 30, 2009

Strong or Spoiled?

In the video we watched last night, Beth Moore posed an interesting and hard question. Am I strong or am I spoiled? It is so easy to say that I am strong - strong in my faith and in convictions, but honestly, have I been tested? Has life really thrown anything at me that would test my faith? I have absolutely had some things go on that have forced me to get focused and redirect my attention, but for the most part, I have been pretty spoiled. And thank the Lord for that.....because I have my moments when I think God knows me well enough to know I am weak. So I have a new prayer - God, make me strong and let me overcome my being spoiled.

Last year, my verse of the year was Deut. 30:11. It deals with not being called to do something beyond what I have been equipped to do. I think I may have found my verse for 2009.

"Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him." Isaiah 30:18

No comments: