Over the course of the last couple of days, Jillian has made us laugh on multiple occasions. Last night she got in the bath and tried to tell me it was too hot. When I got in there she was sitting calmly in the water. So I told her that it obviously wasn't too hot since she was sitting in it. To which she replied, "It was blazin' my bottom off when I got in." Not sure where they came from, but it was funny.
Then at 5 something this morning, she called out to me. She was in the bathroom sick. It was not a good time. She was very concerned that she would not have perfect attendance this term and that she was going to miss library day. So if you can picture that she is sitting on the toilet with a trashcan in her lap, and these are the thoughts that are going through her mind. Her father says the fact that she is concerned with missing school and going to the library are not genes she received from him. A little later she informed me that she knew she would get sick because people are always "spitting in her eye." Who knew? 'Cause this is the first I have heard of this problem.
But my favorite may have come just a few minutes ago. After her belly calmed down, she feel asleep on the couch. She slept for an hour and half, maybe two. She woke up and said, "Is it Wednesday?" I told her no and that it is actually still Tuesday morning. Her response, "I never knew Tuesday took so long."
She is now feeling better and wanting to go to school for the afternoon. I have told her we are going to chill out, rest up, and hopefully she'll be ready to go back tomorrow for field trip day.
No comments:
Post a Comment